Friday, April 20, 2007

yesterday

Just when I was about to lose hope about my ojt, with all of my classmates already starting theirs, good news came.

I was going back and forth to Makati this whole week to follow up my applications in Business Mirror and Philippine Graphic. The HR that attended to me yesterday was a bitch. I was about to give her a dose of my own katarayan but I controlled myself as my ojt was on the line.

She informed me that Philippine Graphic will have no vacancies until May, and told me to just call the HR the next day (today) to know if Business Mirror still accepts interns. Earlier today, I was about to call the HR division when I found out that I lost the paper that bitch gave me. So I scanned the directory Tanikala lent me. I was not successful at contacting the Central HR, but I was successful at talking to Phil Graphic’s very own HR. She told me that one of their interns would end her stint today, and that meant that they would have an opening. And so I grabbed the opportunity. I would start working on Monday!! Yehey!! I am sooooooo happy for myself. Finally. But there is a catch. Ms Jenny, the HR, would not allow me to wear jeans. She also told me to wear polo shirts. I have not asked her if I could wear shirts that have no collars and khaki pants. Corny noh? Pero mas maigi na iyon kaysa naman malapit ng mag Mayo, wala pa rin akong trabaho.

***
One of the biggest reasons why I wanted to work in the Pasong Tamo area, Phil Graphic, Biz Mirror, and PDI are located there, is that I grew up in that place.

So yesterday while I was waiting for the news from the bitch, I decided to visit the place where I grew up since it was just nearby.

I could not remove the smile from my face. The whole place was different. But it brought backs memories of years passed. I went directly to the National Shrine of the Sacred Heart where my family and used to go to to hear mass. While I was praying, I could not control myself as I got teary-eyed. I was emotional. It was the first time I have been there after a very long while. The big statue of Jesus Christ atop the church overwhelmed me, so did the church’s 2nd floor. I was surprised that the health center and the mini graveyard were still there. The plaza was renovated. And sadly there were no more calachuchi’s. I was hoping to see some of my childhood playmates but they were nowhere to be seen. I am sure most of them already transferred homes. I also did not like what the new owners of our old house did to the building. But nevertheless, I was happy to be back, even for a shirt while, to what I used to call “home.” Yesterday, I relived my yesteryears.

***
Does this “man” even have honor?

Justice Secretary Raul Gonzalez should be ashamed of himself. He thinks that he should always open his mouth and react each time something happens. And what makes things worse? He is an alumnus of my alma mater, UST.

Yesterda, he opened his mouth again, this time reacting to the death of U.S. Peace Corps volunteer Julia Campbell. Gonzalez blamed Campbell for walking alone, saying that “she was careless.”

He should step down from his post. He does not deserve his position. He is a very despicable man. I wonder if he even has friends.

Resign, Mr. Secretary. You are good for nothing.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Justice Secretary is a very unjust low-life.


Smile naman d’yan. God bless us all!!

P.S. Sanjaya got the boot from Americal Idol yesterday. Sa wakas!! Selebrasyon!! Woohoo!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home