Thursday, April 05, 2007

Holy Thursday

Today, my dad and I did our yearly Visita Iglesia. We went to 7 different, nearby churches and did the 14 Stations of the Cross. Prior to doing this, my dad and I had a heated argument last Sunday after I accompanied him to do the grocery. We agreed to meet outside the mall after I make a quick stop over at Gonuts Donuts to get my brother some donuts. As usual, there was a long line. After more than 5 minutes, I was finished with my purchase so I proceeded to the taxi bay where my dad and I were supposed to meet. I was just about to step out of the mall when my dad shouted, “Ang bagal bagal mo kumilos.” Of course I was shocked. He repeatedly told me that I moved to slow while we were inside the taxi. I explained to him that there was long line but he did not listen. I was fuming mad already. I did not talk to him for at least two days. So it was nice to finally be in peaceful terms with him again today, especially because he’s leaving on Sunday.

Going to the different churches, I saw many things. I saw different families and barkadas doing their own Visita Iglesia. This made me appreciate more what my dad and I were doing, and our family. May pamilya pa nga na sabay-sabay kumain sa labas ng kotse nila eh. Nakakaaliw sila tignan. They were not eating in a fancy restaurant, but they looked happy. They looked satisfied with the food they were sharing with each other. I also saw people lying in the streets. All throughout the Visita, I was praying to God and asking Him for so many things. But seeing those homeless people made me realize how lucky I am to be living inside a home, to be eating three times or more a day, and to being able to go to one of the most prestigious schools in Asia. Having to walk for several kilometers was tiring, alright, but it was fulfilling. Because as I meditated through the Stations of the Cross, I realized all the hardships Jesus had to endure just to save mankind.

***
I had this very weird dream early this morning. It was about my last ex and one of the suitors I “busted”. In my dream, the two of them were already together. That made me sad because my ex looked happier with him than when he was with me. Haha!!

Smile naman d’yan. God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home