Thursday, April 12, 2007

work(shop)/intern(ship)

Yesterday, I was finally reunited with my Varsi friends. I was extremely happy upon seeing them once again. It was the first time, after a very long time, that I have seen all of them in one venue.

The incumbent staff and the new recruits were required to attend journalism workshops. Yesterday, they were scheduled to take news writing under Sir Ian, and advance grammar under Sir Aids. Since I was close with Sir Aids, I decided to sit in during his lecture. It felt weird seeing new faces, and not seeing the older faces I was with a year ago.

The new recruits looked promising. There were those who reminded me of other staff like Ate Kris and Ate Cam. There were also new fags and I was teasing Ketch that he was now the queen. He could boss around the fag staffs. Hahaha. I would have done it with pleasure had I still been part of the staff. But fortunately or unfortunately, I no longer am.

Up to this point, I still have regrets resigning from V. But maybe it is just because I have nothing to do just yet. No company has called me yet for my internship, while most of my classmates are well into their ways to finishing theirs. And maybe, once I start my ojt, and the rest of my plans for this summer, I will no longer miss Varsi’s workload. But I know I will still miss my Varsi friends.

Yesterday was a riot. I had fun bitching on the incumbent and the incoming staff. And I was super glad I attended the workshop. But more pleasing was that I got to spend time with my Varsi Kada.

***
Sanjaya’s still alive on American Idol. Crap. He should have been out of it since week 1 of the semifinals. However, surprisingly, the really queer Sanjaya din well in last night’s competition. Haley Scarnato got the boot. Well-deserved.

***
Now that I have already mentioned the fact that no company has called me yet for my internship, let me plead.

I have submitted my resume to ABS-CBN, the Philippine Daily Inquirer, the Philippine Graphic, Reuters, AFP, Summit Media, and Solar TV. Attention to these media companies: You are missing on a very promising student-journalist. Hire me as your intern, please!! Hehehehe!!

Hire Ivan Angelo L. de Lara as your intern. He will be an outstanding recruit. You may even absorb him after you see his work. He is serious. He is already tired of just sitting at home instead of working for your company.

Smile naman d'yan. God bless us all!!

2 Comments:

Blogger  said...

Kamusta ang marquee?! Brainwash marquee? hahaha wait ka lang jan may tatawag din.. ;)

7:44 AM  
Blogger queen of the blogs said...

naman, nakakatamad na maghintay. gusto ko na mag ojt. puro na lang ako landi, tulog, kain, nuod tv dito sa bahay.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home