Tuesday, March 06, 2007

pautakan turns 30; meeting callalily

Varsi held the 30th Pautakan Quiz Show yesterday. Pautakan is the longest-running inter-collegiate quiz show in I don’t exactly know where. And yesterday was my first time to witness it. The Faculty of Arts and Letters, having won the title for five consecutive years, have been installed to the Hall of Fame and incidentally was not allowed to join the quiz show this year.

So The Faculty of Medicine and Surgery won the title in the Group Division while the representative from the College of Nursing took home the crown in the Individual Category.

Congrats to the winners and savor your titles for next year, our Faculty will be back. Hehehe!!

***
Although I am no longer part of Varsi, I still pursued with my assignment of inviting the band Callalily to perform in the event.

Inviting the band was stressful because I had to make sure that things went smoothly. Plus it was also my first time to sign a contract naming me as the show’s producer.

The band was scheduled to perform at 4:30 PM yesterday, but due to some delays caused by protests from contestant and a member of the panel arriving super late, the band had to wait for almost two hours.

I was really embarrassed because they arrived on time. But they were really nice most especially the band. Those who irritated me more were the members of their entourage, surprisingly. But the band and their road manager were really nice.

So while they were performing, I cannot help but be amazed by the band and be proud of myself as well. I managed to pull it off. Kean, their vocalist, was an amazing singer. Lem is a really superb drummer. Ang galing. Alden, their lead guitarist was also outstanding. Aaron, the look-a-like of Yael’s older brother was pretty quiet. While Tatsi(?) that tall guy with the long hair, looked better in person. Hehehe.

I accompanied Kean, Alden, their roadie, and a member of their entourage to dinner hosted by Varsi. Unfortunately some members of the band had to leave early because they had other appointments. Alden talked to me all throughout his dinner. He was really mabait and he was really smart. And Kean? Need I say more? The guy was a total hottie.

Now, I can say that I am a big Callalily fan. I might as well buy their album. Hehe. Too bad I did not even get to take a picture of myself with them.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Callalily—amazingly superb. A bunch of good-looking, nice, and really talented guys.


***
The UST Journalism Society elections were held last week. I already told you that I was running for Public Relations Officer. And fortunately, I won.

I would like to thank all those who voted for me, most especially my classmates who really supported me. Thanks, guys!!

Last Sunday, as I attended the Mass, I prayed to God that I might never waste the chance given to me by my fellow Journ students.

Smile naman d’yan. God bless us all!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home