Tuesday, February 06, 2007

leaving/arriving

I have left Varsi. I passed my resignation letter last Saturday just when no one from the Editorial Board was in the office, nor was our publications adviser.

I left with a heavy heart. I may have not been the most responsible member of the staff, but I believe I have invested so much in the publication—my time, my effort, my talent, cutting down my sleep time, and not really having a social life among others.

I am also saddened because I am leaving the friends I have made behind. The most rewarding thing I have gotten as a Varsi staff is my new-found friends. They are an amazing and talented bunch of people. Never did I really expect in the beginning that I would make that many friends especially because we are not from the same colleges, courses even. But as fate had it, I have become close to them. They made my stay in Varsi more bearable, and leaving Varsi more difficult.

(more about them in upcoming posts)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My Varsi kada are the people whom I am going to miss now that I am no longer part of the publication.


After my Research class today, I talked to the E.B. I explained to them the reasons why I resigned. It was easy talking to them now that I am not a member of the staff anymore. Before, I was reluctant talking to them. Now, I would not mind saying hi to them if ever I bump onto them in the campus or anywhere else for the matter.

***
My dad’s arriving a few hours from now. He’s been away for eight months. I am excited and scared at the same time. Now that he’s coming back means that I have to behave well again. Hahaha.

I think we are going to have a problem with my sleeping habits. But I will try to sleep earlier now that he’s here again.

I am fervently wishing that he comes back safe and sound.

I love my dad!!

***
Daniel Radcliffe gas left his squeeky-clean image as boy wizard Harry Potter. He is now starring in a play where he is required to shed some skin. And boy is he yummy.

Are you asking for proof? Here it is.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Daniel Radcliffe is all grown up


***
It’s been very cold these past few days especially at night. In the morning, I find it really hard to take a bath because of the low temperature. But I am not really the one to complain because I love the cool weather. That’s why I abhor summer—I cannot take the heat.

Another thing I abhor is the unexpected rate increase of the UNLIMITXT services of globe. Just imagine paying 80 Pesos for four days when you just used to pay 50 Pesos for 5 days. That is plain exploitation, extortion even. That is very unreasonable. I want to use Sun once again.

***
We won against the Economics Volleyball team today. Finally I got to play. I figured in an accident though. Naumpog ‘yung tuhod ko, as in umpog talaga, sa sementong sahig ng sports complex. Ouch!

Thanks to kuya who took advantage of me while shaking my right foot and leg. Hahaha, joke. He was a good setter, by the way.

***
Catch Nelly Furtado’s new video Say it Right and Fallout Boy’s This Ain’t a Scene, It’s an Arms Race. Both videos are really cool and the songs are catchy.

Smile naman d’yan. God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home