Friday, January 12, 2007

nueva oficina, new addiction, lumang campus

Good News: After decades of considering Room 112 of the Main Building as its office, the Varsitarian transfers to its new home at Room 105 of the Tan Yan Kee Student Center .

I must admit that I am impressed with the office’s features. It is definitely more spacious than the old office. Each section now has a computer. The News section has two, not to mention all computers have flat screens. The Ed Board have their own private offices within the office, so does our Publication Adviser. We have a huge conference room. The lounge area will also be very comfortable for visitors, and for staff members who will be staying overnight. We also have this mini library, a pantry, and our own restroom. In short, it is an upgrade. And I dare say that V has one of, if not, the best student publication office in the country. Sir Ian even said that our new office is better than that of the Philippine Star’s.

All these upgrades made me want to extend my stay in Varsi even for just one more ish . I want to experience the place for a longer time. Hayyy, but I already talked to my dad about my quitting. He seemed happy when he heard about my desish. Hahaha. My mom also seemed to go with my dad’s opinion.


After all,

I sometimes feel that

I am no good to Varsi;

that I

have disappointed

too many

people;

that I am

the one who

slacks off most

among the staff;

that all I do

is make noise,

make some people laugh

and irritate the rest.
Hayyy. Hahaha!!

***
OMGosh. It’s offish. My body’s adapted to my new sleeping cycle. I now sleep regular at 5 A.M. or later. Nakakainis!! It all started last Christmas Break. Of course I made full use of the free time I had. I stayed up super late thinking that I can wake up until whatever time I want to. But this time, it’s different. The classes have begun. I now stay up late to finish many of my readings which I have to do again because the Prelims week is just in the corner.

But I also have to admit that sometimes, all I do is waste my time. My body’s so used to it, it’s beginning to feel ok. With that slacking off comes my new addiction to the show ambush makeover . The title pretty much explains how the show goes. It is one of the stupidest makeover shows in the boob tube today because the “style agents” do not really know anything about the personality of the individual they ambush to make over, thus some of the people they intend to help end up being victimized with a style they do not really want, or a fashion that does not really make them happy, but it is very entertaining. Kaya kahit 3:30 A.M. ang show, hala sige nuod pa din ako.

***
Rap, Ketch and I went to Ateneo and UP-D a couple of days ago to get some awards of well-known Varsi alum to be featured in our upcoming exhibit. It was a tiring, yet fun experience. It was my first time to go to Ateneo and to UP. Buti na lang, pamilyar sila Rap at Ketch sa area. The two campuses are huge as they are far from Manila. I may be wrong but I noticed that not all buildings in Ateneo have guards but the students wear their id’s all the time it’s amazing. I was kind of disappointed to see a few cute guys in Ateneo. Maybe they were not informed that I was arriving that day. Hahaha ilusyonada.

UP is huuuuuuge. Pero kapag pinagtabi mo siguro yung LB at ‘yung Dil campuses, wala masyadong pagkakaiba. Para talagang probinsya. Hahaha. Pero mukha din siyang isang malaking komunidad. I also got to see the Statue of Oblation in person for the first time.

With all modesty aside but without thinking twice, I still prefer the UST campus over the two campuses in Katips .

***
“Yes, I am a slut. But I am the best slut in town.” –Anne Curtis’s Celine to Sam Milby’s JB in Maging Sino Ka Man.

***
Smile naman d’yan. God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home