Friday, March 23, 2007

school's out!! woohoo

Woohoo!! I know I have been saying ‘finally’ in my posts too often but this time it’s different. I have never been too excited to say it than today, because FINALLY, school’s over.

This semester has been extra difficult. Because I had my sight on entering the dean’s list again after failing to do it for the previous two sems by a mere .03 point. I have also promised myself that I will graduate cum laude. I know, it is a tall order. But I am gonna do it for myself, for my family, and for God. I want this to be my thank you gift to myself and the others I have mentioned.

***
This week has been one of the longest weeks of my life. I served as the editor in chief of our class paper, Thomasian Chronicler, for our finals in our copy-reading and lay-outing class. It was work, honey. I thought it was going to be easy and I felt really guilty because at first, I was just delegating my classmates their assignments. But it turned out that it would take more than just that.

It was exams week but I stayed up to the wee hours of the morning, not to review, but to edit my classmates’ articles. I would then wake up early to review for my exams. I could not risk not reviewing. Remember, I had to do well.

Today was our scheduled submission of the publication. It still had kinks until the very last minute. Thank God, when we had finished printing the paper, our professor was still not in the campus.

Although not perfect, Thomasian Chronicler still made me proud because it’s 3jrn1’s baby. We worked hard for it. The paper has also brought out the best and worst in me.

I know, I have scolded some of my classmates, shouted at them, called them names, felt irritated and many others. But those were brought out by stress, sleepless nights and anxiety.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to the people I have hurt. I hope you understand. And again, classmates, thank you for making one of my dreams come true—one dream that I was all set to perform in V, but I had to let go because there were still more important things I had to do.

Nga pala, ‘yung mga bayad niyo ha!! Hehehe!! See you on clearance day!!

***
Another exciting project that we did last week was our fashion catalogue for our photo journalism class.

I thought it was going to be easy since I am familiar with the assignment, having been exposed to a lot of fashion magazines and fashion spreads in newspapers, and of course, America’s Next Top Model. Yeah right!!

However, our prof had another thing in mind. He wanted us to do a catalogue of native wear.

So here are some of the pictures we took:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jewel’s one-angle pose is very popular among our classmates. Haha!!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is my favorite of Ja-Ne. The girl’s got technique.


I took the pics above but they never made the catalogue. Sad. I still believe that these are two of the best pics of the girls.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Siyempre dapat kasali ako. Tanikala took this shot.


In the end, our group only got 85. I still believe we should have received a higher grade. Our classmates shared the same notion.

I now have time to sleep without worrying!! Yehey!!

Smile naman d’yan. God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home