Friday, April 27, 2007

going sporty

I started my ojt at Phil. Graphic this week. I was excited at first because finally, I would have something really worthwhile to do this summer.

However, when I got there I was not really happy. No one attended to me on my first day because the staff members were busy as it was their deadline. So I just familiarized myself with the style of the publication and realized that their style is not my style. I was also not in my best behavior because I slept at work, although technically, I was not really working. But I was still sorry for having done that.

Going home is also tiring. Graphic is located in Pasong Tamo, Makati. I live in Sampaloc. I need to ride a bus going to Nagtahan to go home. However, when the buses reach Pasong Tamo, they are already full. So what I do is ride jeep going to Ayala, and ride a bus there. Easy? Not really because the loading and unloading system in Makati is complicated.

But I must say that there have also been good times in Graphic. I got to visit our old neighborhood, which I already posted in my previous entry. There were also a couple of cute guys at work.

Needless to say, I was not happy with my stint in Graphic. So I applied in other publications no matter how hard they tried to tell me that they no longer have vacancies. I also devised a plan. Since the news sections of the broadsheets were already full, I tried entering their sports sections. But PDI informed me that it no longer accepts interns even in the Sports section. Star initially told me the same thing. But I still tried.

Today, I got to talk to the Sports editor of Star. He told me to report in their office on Monday. I was extremely elated. Hopefully, they would accept me.

Wish me luck. I really want to do this.

Also pray for me so that I may be able to fulfill one of my long-time dreams. I will be doing one of the first steps next week.

Go, Ivan!! Kaya mo’yan!! Rhymes. Hehehe

Smile naman d’yan. God bless us all!!

P.S. Naka-dsl na pala kami. Hahaha sosyal!! I love this day.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger aika said...

go ivan go!!!!!!!!1

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home