Saturday, September 30, 2006

effing milenyo, effing blackout. good thing ust won.

Yes, I am still alive after the storm Milenyo hit Metro Manila. It is the first storm in ten years to hit MM directly.

Although I love it when it rains,I did not love Milenyo. For one, it was the cause for the suspension of classes from Thursday to Friday. Game two of the UAAP Finals Men’s Seniors Basketball was also postponed. I was scared the whole afternoon that the gusty winds may blow our house. But the worst effect Milenyo brought was the blackout . Nakakairita. Ilang araw walang kuryente sa bahay namin!! I am pretty sure most of you also did not have electricity for a number of days. Some of you may even be experiencing that predicament up to this very moment. Sobrang nasubukan talaga yung pasensya ko. Walang malamig na tubig pang-inom. We also did not have running water. Kaya aaminin ko nung Thursday, hindi ako nakaligo . Kahapon naman super tipid ako sa tubig panligo.

Kaya ganun na lang ang tuwa ko nang paggising ko kaninang alas-kwatro ng madaling araw, matapos matabig ng ulupong ko kapatid ‘yung baso ng tubig ko at mabasa ako, dahil may ilaw na !! Woohoo, Thank God.

I texted Jewel immediately asking her if she had gotten Ja-Ne and I better tickets for today’s game. She said, she was almost 100% sure that her friends from Batanggas are not watching the game so we can have better tickets without lining up in Araneta early in the morning. And Luckily for Ja-Ne and I, Jewel’s friends decided not to watch the game.

Fast-forward to the game, I was feeling really optimistic that the Tigers would win game 2. The Eagles took Game 1 and could possibly have taken Game 2 and the Championship. But God had another plan. Jojo Duncil, Allan Evangelista, Anthony Espiritu were the usual suspects. Surprisingly, Jun Dizon stepped up his game. But the guy who really carried the team, aside from the crowd hehehe, was Dylan Ababou. It was D.A. Day. It has been a long time since nice guy Dylan brought out his A-game and what a time to bring it!

Sa Lunes, magkakaalamanan na. I am actually feeling really confident. But my confidence for the Tigers is not enough to win UST its first championship since 1996. Coach Pido Jarencio’s wards will have to work harder, perform better, and think tougher on Monday. This is the time of their lives—they might as well put it to good use.

I am going to be there supporting UST, and possibly watching my school get the championship.

Thank you, Lord, UST won today. 1 4 UST!!

Smile naman dyan. God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home