Saturday, June 17, 2006

sino ang tatay mo?!

The first week of classes has just ended. And contrary to the popular Kamikaze ditty, I am not having a first day high, or a first week high in this case. I feel very tired and very low.

I am not exactly sure if I get to please you, me dear fans, and I know you’re very few, with my topics that seemingly revolve to my stint as Varsi writer. But I cannot help it. Being with Varsi for a little more than just two months now made me realize how far I can go. And that is not very far, I think.

It’s hard work. I, together with the other writers, gathered our materials early on. But we still ended up submitting our articles late. Please, do not put all the blame to us. I know that you know what I mean.

Nakakapagod. For the past week, I have thought about quitting. And until today, I am still not sure. I have thought of the reasons why I joined Varsi: 1) because I love to write; 2) I want to continue being part of my school’s official publication; 3) I wanted to gain new friends; 4) I wanted to break my routine which was going to school and going straight back home. In the past to months or so, I fulfilled what I wanted to do. I even got more. Being a Varsi writer has many perks: monthly and semestral allowance, connections with teachers and other contacts, fame, and trips to many places. But when I thought about it, I still can get those things without being part of Varsi. Although I know it will take me much longer. I do not know if I am just on the adjustment period for thinking about quitting this early. Maybe it’s the rebel or the bitch in me that tells me to quit. Or maybe it’s the fact that I do not anymore get to relax, watch tv, sleep, and enjoy myself the way I used to. Last Thursday, I planned on going home late to stay at the office and finish my work. I left the office at 4 A.M. but still was not successful in finishing my work. I have so many complaints, please forgive me.

Damn it, I belong to the premier student publication in the country and I still do not make sense!!

Tomorrow is Fathers’ Day.

A father’s worth, more often than not, is judged based on how well he provides for the family. Just that. But let us see our fathers in different ways. They are there to help us when we have problems. They are there to discipline us when we commit mistakes. They are there to take care of us when we are sick. There are just so many a father can do. And I am proud to say that although my father gives primary importance to his being a provider, he is definitely better than Superman.

Happy Fathers’ Day,
daddy!! I love you!!


And Happy Fathers’ Day to all dads in the world!!

Smile naman dyan!! God bless us all!!

2 Comments:

Blogger aika said...

wag ka mag quit! ang mag quit, pangit!

(kita mo ako, halatang halatang hindi nagquiquit!)

^_^

8:57 AM  
Blogger queen of the blogs said...

sampalin kaya kita?! hahaha!!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home