Wednesday, February 08, 2006

of tragedies and losses

Four days since it happened, the ULTRA stampede is still the talk of the town. What had happened was truly tragic. What is happening after the stampede may even be more disastrous. Pointing fingers and washing hands are not the solution to this problem. Practically, we may all be blamed for the disaster.

Yesterday, the fact-finding committee investigating the stampede released its statement. The head of the committee and DILG Undersecretary Marius Corpuz could not bear not to give his comments against ABS-CBN. I think what he did was unethical since they were supposed to be unbiased in their investigation.

Early this morning, I was listening to DZMM. The radio broadcaster Neil Ocampo was interviewing Mr. Corpuz. You can see traces of partiality in Ocampo’s questioning. He was interviewing Corpuz in a way that he would seem as if he were the lawyer of ABS-CBN. I can understand Ocampo because he works for channel 2 and what Corpuz said was really hurtful- but he should still bear in mind that he is a journalist. Reserve the judgment. But one can also not help but hear traces of dishonesty in Corpuz’s answers. He was obviously lying. Scrap it!!

Yesterday, I read in the newspaper that the mayor of Pasig was washing his hands clean. He said he was not at fault for what had happened. According to him, ABS-CBN was purely to be blamed. You can accuse the station for poor organization of the event. But I do not think the mayor was in his right mind when he said that he was innocent. The tragedy happened in his city. He sure knows what was happening before the stampede occurred. He surely has an idea how many people were already there.

Stop pointing fingers. Stop washing your hands clean. Start acting!!

This has been a weird week. I do not know. Last Monday, I was pulled out of the show I was hosting. I know. I know. It also came as a shock to me. I do not remember doing anything wrong for me to get scrapped. I felt jittery the time I started hosting the show. But I guess that was normal. demmit it was my first time!! But they- they were doing it for a longer time than I was and up to this point, they still produce a bad script. I am disappointed. Had I known it was my only chance to prove myself then I would have done a better job compared to what I had already done. But when I carefully thought about it the other night, I realized that I should not look at it negatively. Maybe God has other- and I hope better- plans for me. He has always been good to me. And I know that no matter how difficult life is, and no matter how bad I act sometimes, God will always be there.

During Journ class today, another awful thing happened to me. I am partly to be blamed for it, I admit. And no, I am not blaming anyone for writing a bad paper. I am ok with criticisms for I know that I am not that good. I am mediocre most of the times. Most of the times, I can be really bad- just like now. So please stop accusing me that I am egoistic and that I am too proud. Because you do not know how much I have improved from what I was when I was in grade school and in elementary. I am glad that you apologized and I accept your apology. The water is already under the bridge as long as you and I are concerned. I cannot say that though, with the other guy concerned. See how bad I have written this one?

I missed blogging. I have not updated my blog for a long time. And this is what I come with, huh? Hehe!!

This has been a weird week. And I would like to thank my friends for sticking it out with me.

Lord, big thanks too!!

Go find your princes while I play with frogs. God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home