Tuesday, January 10, 2006

TV star

TV Star- ako yun!!

Last year, I auditioned to become a host for TOMCAT. TOMCAT is the official cable channel of UST. I did not write about the experience because there is always a possibility that I might not get the part. But the audition was tough. They had me introduce myself in a creative way (to which I said, “This is the whiteboard. Bakit ang whiteboard white, pero ng blackboard hinde?” –yak!! ), answer questions, pretend as if I were interviewing people, read the news. It was made tougher by the fact that I as nervous. You see, when I was in high school, I never had to audition to get in an organization that I like to join. There were screening tests but that’s about it. Except for the Glee Club where I auditioned to become a member of. I flunked it--- twice.

Last Friday, an Executive Producer of one of the TV shows of TOMCAT asked me if can host this coming Monday (yesterday). I said sure. But she said that I was only going to be a reserve since they encountered a problem with their original host. I thought it was ok. Last Sunday, she confirmed to me that we are to push through the following day. We are going to visit the make-shift workshop in Calookan of one of the costume designers of Etheria. I was excited. I kept on imagining what I was in for. The next day, I dropped by the TOMCAT office to meet with the EP and get the script. There, they told me that I am already part of TOMCAT- that I actually passed the audition and that they will just determine the show I will be hosting. Then the EP told me that she was planning to make me a regular host of the show- make a tandem out of myself and the original host. Ayayay. TV star na ako???

In the afternoon, the cameraman and I went to Caloocan to do the interview. The make-shift workshop was tiny but the owner’s creations were nothing short amazing. He is one of the most brilliant persons I have met. You see, I do not watch Etheria. But during the interview, I got enough reason to at least give the series a little more appreciation.

Unless there will be problems, the show will air Monday at 11:30 A.M.

Finally, I am done with my English Prelims. I can stop memorizing now. Last night, I had some difficulty sleeping because the words from my speech kept on recurring in my mind. Sixteen cousins… tantamount to spitting on that sacrifice…Filipino diaspora… borderless world… we give back… quarter-of-a-million seafarers… richer in every sense of the word… whatever opportunities… snow outside….

Thank you, Lord for helping me with my endeavors for today.

Go find your princes, while I play with frogs. God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home