Tuesday, December 27, 2005

kuyas of december

Rock stars- yummy beings that can sing and/or play.

Rock bands have dominated the music scene this year. This is not evident only in the Philippines but also in other parts of the globe. Green Day has been very big in the United States today so have been My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte, The Killers and Simple Plan. In the UK, they have Mr. Gwyneth Paltrow aka Steve Martin and the rest of Coldplay making waves. The Australian band INXS is back with a new lead singer in the person of JD Fortune who won the talent search Rockstar: INXS. Sorry Mig Ayessa fans, but JD is a total hottie. I was rooting for Marty during the Finals. Apologies also go to INXS fans and the group itself, I don’t think they are gonna make it that big they’re too old compared to the other bands that are younger and fresher. Don’t get me wrong, Aerosmith and U2 still rock!!

Because of this phenomenon, I am gonna pay homage to some of these rock bands by naming some frontmen Kuyas of December. I chose the frontmen because they are the most noticeable members of the group, and if you have a good-looking frontman, no matter how bad your music sounds, you’ll still sell, and finally because I am not that familiar with “other” members of the band. Plus the vocalists I am gonna feature are not really from rock bands. They are more of pop/rock bands. But hey even Britney Spears calls herself a rock star. My apologies to rock aficionados, I am a neophyte!! ^_^

*** Jason Wade ***

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Jason Wade is the vocalist of the group Lifehouse.


Few lines from the song Blind go out to my good friend Ralph Gregor. I miss you, girl!!

I would fall asleep
Only in hopes of dreaming
That everything would be like is was before
But nights like this it seems are slowly fleeting
They disappear as reality is crashing to the floor

After all this time
I never thought we'd be here
Never thought we'd be here
When my love for you was blind
But I couldn't make you see it
Couldn't make you see it
That I loved you more than you'll ever know


*** Alex Band ***

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Who does not know Alex Band?


I am one of the thousand girls and boys who went crazy over Alex Band. He has just one of the sexiest voices in the rock scene. His voice sounds better if you’ll hear acoustic versions of their songs.

The following lines of Stigmatized are dedicated to Dave and Rea.


If I give up on you I give up on me
If we fight what's true, will we ever be
Even God himself and the faith I knew
Shouldn't hold me back, shouldn't keep me from you

Tease me, by holding out your hand
Then leave me, or take me as I am
And live our lives, stigmatized


While these lines are dedicated to JP and Trish


I can feel the blood rushing though my veins
When i hear your voice, driving me insane
Hour after hour day after day
Every lonely night that i sit and pray

Tease me, by holding out your hand
Then leave me, or take me as I am
And live our lives, stigmatized


I don’t really know if those lines fit the two couples. Nagdudunungdunungan lang!!

*** Adam Levine ***

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Adam Levine is the sexy frontman of the band Maroon 5


Adam’s super sexy, isn’t he?

These lines are dedicated to myself. Haha!!

I don’t know, I just feel good each time I hear this song.


Beauty queen of only eighteen
She had some trouble with herself
He was always there to help her
She always belonged to someone else

I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved
She will be loved


There, the Kuyas of December. Other rock cuties are googoo dolls vocalist John Rzeznik, Daniel John of Silverchair, Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20, The Killers’ vocalist, Audioslave’s drummer and so many more.

But Filipino rock demigods are not to be outdone. You have Spongecola’s Yael and Armo. Their drummer has really nice arms. Champ of Hale is cute although I still think that he cannot sing. Ali Alejandro of Mojofly is adorable. Miro of Stonefree is super sexy. I find the vocalists of Dictalicense and 6Cyclemind handsome. Marc Escueta of Rivermaya is ultra gorgeous. Ira of Bamboo is yummy. I still think that the bassist and the drummer of Join the Cub are cute.

Kung may alam pa kayong rock star cuties paalam nyo sakin ha!! Thanx!!

Go find your princes while I play with frogs!! God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home