Friday, February 24, 2006

damn it

I do not know what is happening in our country right now. I do not really know what’s in it for the politicians who want to take it a mile further just to stay in power. Are they in it for the money? The fame? The prestige? Those things shall perish once they die. And their souls will burn in hell.

The President is one tough lady. She is small but you can sense the toughness in all 59 inches of her frame. But this is enough. She has done so many stupid things for the country. This also goes out to all our politicians today. Let all those who have clean consciences stay in power and please God. Let all those who just serve themselves, and their political parties be ousted, be struck by lighting. Let their souls burn in hell.

If things continue to go this way, the National Telecommunications Commission shall control local TV and radio stations. This shall affect all citizens. Our freedom to free speech and expression shall once again be compromised. But this will affect people like me more. I am a budding (bading) journalist. Hopefully, in two-year’s time, I will be graduating. As if the labor problems in the country are not yet worst, if PGMA will turn into another Marcos, then that will definitely make my journalistic ambitions on hold. Damn it!!

Let our politicos be models to our student leaders at school. The elections are now over. Start doing your jobs, people. Greeting the students is not part of your job. Again, the elections are over. Stop acting stupid. Do not follow the footsteps of these filthy politicians. Be public servants, do not be politicos.

JournSoc’s election is fast approaching. I just hope things will get better. The outgoing president and some other officers did not quite fare well. The acquaintance party was a bad one. The place rocked, but the food was not fine. The bulletin board is one of the worst there is in AB. The President did not even show up in the Journalympics and the AB unity games to support the Journ team. Biggest project? The Jrn shirt. No wonder our batch has no love for the queen Lilliputian.

I was the Student Coordinating Board President back in High School and Elementary. But I was more frustrated with how I performed back in hs. We (the officers) could not push through with our projects because we did not get any support from the administrators, much more from our own moderators. There was a time when I was about to consult with PTAC the unreasonable price increase in our canteens. But my own moderator stopped me from doing so because the directress was upset. Damn in!! I enjoyed high school but that was because of my classmates, friends and teachers. What I did not enjoy about it was how corrupt the system was in our school. It still is, based on the stories I hear from my brother. It was only now that I am in college that I realized the difference between Student Council and Student Coordinating. Ours was meant to kiss the butts of the administrators and serve the students at the same time. Some teachers even complained that we did not organize a Teachers’ Day for them. As if admin butt-kissing and serving our co-students were not enough pressure yet. But my being SCB President is over. I am happy. But looking back, it still frustrates me. And I apologize. If I could only turn back time, I would know what to do. Damn. Had I known that I would suck, then I would have not run in the first place.

This should be the lesson to our politicos. Stop butt-kissing. If you know that you would suck or that you suck, then resign. Or do not run in the next elections, if there will still be elections.

Go find your princes while I play with frogs. God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home