Thursday, March 17, 2005

Graduation blues. I bet Vitamin C has been selling so much these days because it’s graduation season. I like the girl; too bad she did not last that long. I heard her hair was squeezed after her town craved for orange juice but there was shortage. Haha! I love digression!! This time last year, we were practicing and taking pictures of ourselves. We were so busy saving ourselves remembrances. Now, batch 2005, it’s your turn.

MCS will always be home to me, no matter how corrupt the institution is or no matter how bad the system is. It has been my house for 11 long years. What I like most about it is its red gates mainly because I like red. Tomorrow, you will be marching wearing your togas and caps in baby blue. I actually do not know the reason why it’s baby blue. It should have been red or white since those are the colors of our school. Nonetheless, those togas are not really important; you will return them back anyway. I can still remember how hard I cried last year but still afforded to smile each time I saw cameras flashing. The mass will soon follow. Believe me in the so many years you stayed in MCS, this is the only mass that will not make you feel sleepy. After that comes the giving of the diplomas. I reminisce 3 years ago when I first attended a graduation ceremony in MCS, after the students were given their diplomas; their parents were waiting down the stage. You can feel genuine love as the graduates hugged and kissed their parents. Last year, I was with my lola, my tito Lito, and my mom and Eclai who were late. Please do not be ashamed if your parents or guardians are like this and that. It is important that you share this memorable event in your life with them. After all, no matter how hard you try, you cannot claim that you did it all on your own. Then the giving of special awards follows. I can also recall how disappointed I was when I though that I will only be receiving 5 medals last year (I was mistaken, of course). But now I realize that that no longer matters; you will meet even more intelligent people than your toughest competitors in HS later in life. Then what follows after is up to you.

I may not know all of you, batch 2004-2005. But I am happy that I have met many of you- some of you have even been my crushes. Haha!! High school is fun but life does not stop there. Life should continue. Do not worry that you will not be seeing each other again. My friends and I are testimonies. If you want to succeed in life, stagnation is the last thing you would want to learn. It’s time to turn what is potential to what is kinetic. No matter how you hate how the school works, be proud of it. Be proud of yourself. Use what you have learned. Never forget the memories you have gathered in all those years of your stay at MCS but do not linger on for such a long time. There are so many things waiting for you beyond the red gates. You will meet more outstanding, more fun classmates and definitely more impressive teachers! Treasure what there is to treasure tomorrow and the years that precede it. But most of all, just for kicks, do not forget the lines and the booboos your teachers and classmates have uttered and have done so in case you find your to-be college classmates irritating, you will have something to laugh at.

Congratulations!!

That’s all folks. Thanx for being one with the fabulous epal!! God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home