Wednesday, January 12, 2005

During Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, we are dismissed at 3 PM so normally, we would take our snacks together. That was not the case today. I have decided not to go out with the guys because I have realized now the value of saving more.

My dad called last Monday. He had that usual happy tone he has been letting us here whenever he calls us. I was excited to talk to him. I told him that I was reading that night and was about to prepare for our PE class some hours later. Excitement was replaced with the realization of reality. My dad is there- in the biggest luxury liner in the world- working. He is busting his ass off to send us money. He works everyday almost every time. Not only his work is tough, he must undergo a situation wherein he must live on his own and away from us- his loved ones. He told me that he has been doing the rounds in search for something he can give me when he comes back in April. I said he need not bother anymore. I am fine. He told me not to worry. He works abroad to be able to give me what I want. After talking to him, I started to cry. I felt his pain. I felt how tough it was for him. Saving was a part of my New Year’s Resolution. That conversation with my dad reiterated to me my promise.

Instead of going out with the guys today, I accompanied Hershey to McDo where she plans to hold her 18th birthday party. She was pretty convinced with what the fast-food can offer. I promised myself to blog about this- Herhey is the class’s Jobert Socaldito!! Wahahahahahahaha!!

Walking that long made things a little worse my already-hurting legs. As usual, PE yesterday was torture. Criminals should be made to run around the field 10 times a day continuously. I came minutes earlier for our Track and Field class yesterday. My spirits were high though I lacked sleep. After I did my first speed, the right part of my tummy ached. I don’t know what part exactly was in pain, but it was aching. Jewel my partner every PE class was complaining about her period (I don’t know if I am supposed to write about this. I just hope he does not get offended.). What we did was walk. After completing our first lap, we talked to Ma’am and aired our complaints. She said we were okay and nothing was really wrong. We asked permission if we can just walk instead of doing the usual routine of speed, jog, and recover. She agreed. It took us forever to cover the whole field just by walking. Ma’am scolded us. She told Jewel and I not to wear our TnF uniform anymore if we were just going to do what we did. Hayyyy naku!! Ang hirap niyang intindihin. Things were back to normal anymore after our second set of stretching. My body was not aching anymore. We proceed with shot-put. We were supposed to throw that 12K ball to the farthest distance possible. That was heavy. Holding it almost destroyed my fragile but very reliable wrists. Carrying it was painful. Tossing it was hard. Hayyyy!! I can’t wait to get out of the hell that is track and field come the next sem. Good thing; PE classes are cancelled next week!! Salamat!!

That’s all folks. That was rollercoaster ride of emotions in just three days. We’ll see what happens for the remaining days of the week. Thanx for being one with the fabulous epal! God bless us all! ☻☻☻

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home