Sunday, February 13, 2005

The repeat performance. It is just a day to go before the uber commercialized V-day. I have not written in this spot for a long time and I am seriously thinking of getting this axed. I am considering the diary suggestion of someone I know. Haha.

AB week has just ended. It started with a parade that made me curse Dale because of what he did- rather what he did not do. The AB week was culminated with the faculty show featuring of course the teachers. It was the ultimate laugh trip- getting to watch those professors who flunked you make a fool out of themselves. Haha!! What was disappointing were the change in schedule and the line that lasted forever. All in all, the faculty show was a success because it has delivered its purpose- retribution for the students and more funds for more programs in the college of AB.

During the middle of the AB week the campaign for the new set of ABSC officers has begun. Three parties are in contention- SDP, GAP, and Dekada. Each political group has their different platforms with unique names to match. And boy do they have lots to promise. I realized that politics in college is much tougher compared to that of in HS. Simply put, it really is politics. Some of the wannabes are already familiar faces because they were already elected for an office in the ABSC in the years passed. I was caught surprised when I saw some running for office when I thought they were already on their way out of college. Akala ko magtatapos na sila, iyon pala, hindi pa. These are politicians in the making- they made use of their office last year to wish us luck during exams, to greet us with his and hellos, to flash their sweetest smiles whenever they see us. If you are too naïve, you will think that they did those with all the sincerity they can muster. But if you analyze it, you will learn that all were done in the name of politics; in the name of securing an office in the student council. I wonder what they get when they are in office. They are all there for “service” alright, but they also miss their classes, more importantly they are missing the reason why their parents are busting off their asses just to send them to school. Our parents do not send us to school to be politicians; they send us to school to be students. But notice the term that I used- it is politician. I am sure they will be very proud if you were to be a PUBLIC SERVANT. Haha! But of course kuyas will remain kuyas, and they are getting my vote. Haha! Stupid! I hope I don’t get into trouble with what I have written here. Haha!! I wish that they have come across the term democracy used wisely.

Jut like what I have mentioned earlier, it’s a red-letter day tomorrow. I am happy that I have someone to spend my Valentine with tomorrow even if we will not see each other because he is in Naga. Pure soul so in love. But I am still happy. I just wish that Valentine’s Day were a day of real love and not of commercialized affection. What matters most are not the roses nor the chocolates but the message you send with them.

It may seem a cliché but we are all performers in a theater called life. Pero lagi nyo sanang tandaan na ang pagganap, gaano man kaganda, nakakasawa rin kapag paulit-ulit na lang.

That’s all folks! Thanx for being one with the fabulous epal! Happy Valentine’s Day and God bless us all!! ♥♥♥

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home