Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Talk the talk, walk the walk part 2. It is the night before the first day of the AB week. I have just gotten home from a very tiring day. Oh, make that a very tiring day--- and night. Our classes went okay; well we had just two of our subjects. The action began after the bell rang at 3. I had to go to ABSC to confirm what is to happen tomorrow. I was there with a bunch of other 1st year journ class officers. Kuya Milfen asked us who can buy the utensils for tomorrow’s Salu-Salo. I volunteered since I have already planned going to Divisoria to buy the materials for our classmates’ costume. Boy, was I not warned what to expect!! Val accompanied me to Divi. We had to go to MW first to buy some materials needed for the costume. I was amazed at how well she knows the Divisoria; it turned out that she and her mom would frequent the place. She told me about all the gems that I can find in the place since it was my first time there. We shopped for headbands, spray paints, plastic cups and spoon and fork, paper plates, and many others. Natuwa ako sa pagtawad sa mga tindahan! Haha!! At nagpapasalamat din ako sa mga tinderang pumayag sa mga pambabarat ko. We can all call it charm and beginner’s luck. Haha!

We ended the spree at around 6:30. I had instructed Hershey to send some guys to meet Valerie and me over at MW. Cars were bumper to bumper and we were certain that it would be tough to hail a cab going to Recto. To make matters more difficult, we were carrying some heavy load. Ang bigat! Pero hanga ako kay ninang Val, kasi mas macho siya sa akin! Haha! We rode a sidecar instead. Kahit na sobrang mahal ng singil ng mama, pinatos na rin namin. Traveling using the sidecar was easy though, and I believe it is faster than using a cab. After some minutes of waiting, Raf and Toni have arrived at MW. They helped me carry the things Val and I bought as Valerie waved as goodbye. Pagdating namin sa Lovers’ lane, kaunti palang pala ang nagawa, pero dumami ang mga tumutulong. Dinala na muna namin ni Rafael at Michael ang mga pinamili ko papaunta sa ABSC. Reaching the office, there was no Milfen to welcome me. Instead, there was this “office girl” who received all the stuff. I did not notice if she said thank you to us or maybe I just did not feel it. Haha! Binalik naman niya ang ginastos ko sa pamasahe.

We went back to the Lovers’ lane and continued with our tasks. It was easy doing business with those who helped, even if most of us were seriously tired. The girls finished painting Dale’s videoke er, typewriter costume at exactly 10 PM- the clock on top of the Main Building alarming. Haha! Alarm ba ang tamang term? Pagkatapos nun, umuwi na kaming lahat. And I am sure I wasn’t the only one exhausted.

Before I end this non-sense, I’d like to thank all those people who helped! We deserve cash incentives! Haha!

That’t all, folks! Thanx for being one with the fabulous epal who couldn’t even raise his legs because of pain! Haha! God bless us all! ☻☻☻

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home