Monday, October 23, 2006

Internet, inkblots, irritating behaviour

Noticed how often I use the word “finally” to start most of my entries? Well at least to make things different now, I started this entry with the word “noticed”. But my next paragraph will start with the word

Finally!! After 3 weeks, I now have Internet access at home again. I have been wondering why each time I try to connect to the World Wide Web, the window says there was no dial tone when our two phones were working perfectly. It turned out that the cord the connects the cpu to the phone was the problem. Anyhow, I am really happy right now because I’ve got Internet again.

Because I had no Internet access at home for the past three weeks, I was not able to write about the championship of the UST Men’s Basketball squad. Ja-ne, Jewel, and I were present during the three Finals games to support UST no matter how busy we were and how difficult purchasing tickets was. Heck, we were present in most of their games. And I cannot help but feel proud about the Cinderella story the Tigers were able to pull off.

But three weeks after being crowned UAAP basketball champs, the Tigers are somewhat rubbing me the wrong way right now.

They exude this new air—no not the air that actually draws you closer to them, but repels you. It might just be me, but I dare say that the Tigers are a change team—and not in a good way.

Jewel had this experience with a Tiger who sent her a text message that he has a naughty side. He said that he had been on a “sex leave” ever since the season started. I am not going to name this Tiger but what he said definitely put him on a different “spin” in my book.

I heard that this same Tiger flirted with a dozen girls during the Tiger’s victory party at Malate, not minding that the girl he supposedly likes was in the venue and was keeping a close high on him.

The Tigers were also invited by Sir Lito during the 2006 Inkblots for Quinito Henson’s sports writing lecture. They were given first-class treatment. They were seated in front. But that was the Varsi staff members’ biggest mistake because some of the Tigers had the balls to sleep during Henson’s lecture. Kaunting hiya naman!! Nasa unahan pa man din kayo.

Some people may go against what I have written here, but hey, we are all entitled to our own opinion. Also, bear in mind that I am not generalizing. There are still some Tigers who gained the championship, but never lost their decency.

***

Speaking of Inkblots, its eighth edition was a success. There might have been kinks along the way, but all-in-all, everything was fine. I met a lot of new people from other schools. They were fun to talk to.

I was also able to meet the biggest personalities in the world of journalism. Damn, I met media heavyweights Charie Villa, Jiggy Manicad, Ruel de Vera, Sandra Aguinaldo, Manuel Quezon III, Jess Abrera and many others. But the best thing was I got to seat beside my idol and inspiration, Maria Ressa.

Eto pic namin o, together with Sir Lito.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Si Sir Lito, ako, at si Idol


I am planning to have the layout of my blog changed. Hello, Rafael?

Smile naman dyan!! God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home