Monday, January 01, 2007

Transit

I got to watch Click two nights ago. I was puzzled each time I heard people say that the movie made them cry because I knew that the Adam Sandler starrer was a comedy, something that can even be classified as slapstick. But I was mistaken. Aside from delivering the antics Sandler is know for, the movie also moved me and made me cry.

The movie makes you realize how time flies by, and of course, the more obvious lesson that the family should go first.

I was particularly touched in the scene where Sandler’s character repeatedly watched his father say I love you to him in their last encounter. The scene where Sandler also saw his mom at the former’s son’s wedding was also moving.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Adam Sandler in Click, a touching comedy.


Also, I got to watch the Phantom of the Opera. I was not really impressed with the movie. It did not have the pizzazz I got from watching Chicago, or even Moulin Rouge. The costumes were amazing, but the production numbers lacked the wow factor. Emmy Rosum, however, was impressive. Last year, I was amazed when I learned that Emmy Rosum was also Jake Gyllenhaal’s love interest in the movie The Day After Tomorrow.

I also watched Domino starring Keira Knightly. I am sooooo going lesbo over Keira. Personally, I think she is one of the hottest female stars in Hollywood today. I was planning to watch Domino in theaters last year, but good thing I did not. The movie had some elements which I appreciated—the scenes where Keira pulled the hair of her co-model who bumped her, and when Keira hit the nose of her sorority upperclassman, fine performances from some of the supporting cast, and the cinematography was also awesome—but overall, the movie was blah. Keira’s leading man, is super hot though.

“I am sure that tonight in my bed, it will be my pussy you’ll be thinking about,” Keira Knightly to Lucy Liu.

On the topic of movies, 2006 saw a lot of great films. Films like the Return of Superman, Pirates of the Caribbean 2, raked in the goods at the box office. I was not able to see both films in theater. But I watched Superman in video, and slept in the process.

Animated movies like Ice Age 2, Cars, and Happy Feet delighted the kids, and the kids at heart.

The only local films I was able to watch were Sukob and Manay Po. The former was awesome, the latter, uggghh.

Controversial films like the gay cowboy drama Brokeback Mountain, the novel-based the Da Vinci Code, and the comedy Borat were also big hits this year.

The supposed last installation of the X-Men series was also show this year, so as the movie that relied on the Internet for its promotion—Snakes on the Plane.

My top 4: Brokeback Mountain, Happy Feet, X-Men III, and Click.

***

I will be celebrating my New Year in Cavite. This is the first time I am going to this in years. The last time I did this was I think, back in 2000-2002.

What I hate about the New Year festivities are the firecrackers. I despise each time I hear those tiny stuffs explode especially here in our neighborhood where even kids get to light firecrackers. I also hate the canyon-like boga.

These firecrackers, needless to say, are dangerous. They have caused fires in Ormoc and Marikina, which claimed dozens of innocent lives.

Of course, indiscriminate firing of guns is another problem. This should also be stopped as this is more dangerous.

The government should really be strict about this.
In Davao, Mayor Duterte is very strict about the use of firecrackers and gun-firing during the New Year.

Celebrate the New Year safely, people. There are other ways where we can joyfully welcome 2007 without possibly hurting ourselves, or other people.

***
Now that 2007 is just hours from reach, I cannot help but reminisce about the year 2006. This year was so memorable for most of us.

I learned, discovered, tried, experienced, gathered so many things this year.

Thank you and goodbye, 2006.

Hello, 2007!!

Happy New Year, everyone!! Here’s to wishing good luck to you and your family. To myself, good luck to you, too and your family.

Hayyyy sana mas swertehin pa ko sa lahat ng aspeto sa bagong taon na ito!!

Smile naman d’yan!! God bless us all!!


P.S. I was supposed to post this a couple of days ago, but because photobucket was not working maybe related to the Taiwan quake, I postponed my posting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home