Thursday, December 21, 2006

christmas parties

The nice thing about my Christmas this year is I got to be a mall rat for 5 straight days. Why? Because I can. I had to.

I have been doing my Christmas shopping lately. Thanks to my dad and to Varsi for funding it.

***
Last Tuesday, the class had its first taste of how it feels like to have a class Christmas party after our three years of stay in UST. It was thought of by our adviser but the class had everything to do with it. We divided ourselves into groups that would bring the food. Jewel, Jane and I brought puto. Sobrang nagpakiharap pa kami ni Jane par lang makabili ng puto. We were supposed to buy the assorted puto we saw at Goldilocks Laong-Laan that Tuesday morning. But when we came back in the afternoon, it was already taken. So Jane, Rap, and I went to the España only to find out that they also did not have the assorted puto. We later went to Sm San Lazaro to see if they have it there but they did not. We ended up buying the puto that was already available in both the Laong-Laan and España branches.

The party was awesome. Masaya pala. We played different parlor games won by Aaron and Jane, Clara and Gian, and Joyce. Our adviser also gamely participated.

***
I was soooo lazy to come to this year’s Pasakuhan. It did not really create that big buzz. Still I came last Wednesday, and good thing I did. Sponge Cola performed. But the KJ that the priests were, they ordered Sponge to cut their performance short as it was already 10:30. According to them, it was already “late”. Rap and I decided to stay in school for a while after the event. But the guards had to ask the students to leave as it was already “late”. So Rap and I went to the Baywalk. We ate at Shakey’s then went home. Ang dami naming napagkwentuhan.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Rap during our “date” at Shakey’s.


***
Our Varsi Christmas party last night was also fun. As usual, we had pageants as sideshows. We were divided into three groups. I belonged to group 2. I was also chosen as the group’s representative for V-Struck, a talent show of sorts. Kerwin and Warded were our representatives for Mr. and Ms. Varsi. I spoofed Kris Aquino in a game show called Brief or No Brief. I had fun doing that. In the end, I only came in second, thanks to Jenny’s better showing. Wehehehe. Warden and Kerwin were named Mr. and Ms. Varsi. Our group won the over-all title.

I received a jacket from Ate Maje for our exchange gifts. I was no longer surprised to get it because I had to add another 500 bucks just so she can buy it. Hehehe.

After the exchange gifts, some people already went home. I stayed together with my Varsi friends. We had our light and serious talks. I was soooooooo touched when I got to talk to Ate Kris, Ate Mj, and Kuya Lawrence. They were convincing me not quit. Kuya Lawrence even asked me what it would take for me not to quit. I told him I was not worth it.

Over-all, it was an awesome party. I will miss this kind of party next year because I will no longer be part of Varsi. Sucks.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Myla, I, Raye, Celina


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ketch and I


Smile naman d’yan. God bless us all!!

P.S. There are three more days before Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home