Wednesday, December 06, 2006

can i still be merry?

Before turning 19, I wished to have a boyfriend on my birthday. I almost had. He was adorable, cute, engaging, and good at “it”. But we could only hang on for just a month. And so, four days before my birthday, I broke up with him—through Friendster. Up to this point, he refuses to talk to me.

Now that Christmas is nearing, I wish for a boyfriend whom I can be with this Yuletide season and beyond. I thought that Santa Claus has heard me out this time. He gave me someone who has the same facial structure as Chris Tiu’s. He has these chinky adorable eyes. We watched Happy Feet together last Friday. I was watching a cute movie with a very cute guy, what more can I ask for? He lent me his jacket and held my hand when I felt cold. He even treated me for dinner. But now, he seems to have lost his interest for some reason I do not know. Maybe I was not good enough to deserve someone like him this Christmas. At least I can say, Santa played a joke on me this Christmas.

***
I have already made up my mind. After two more issues, I will be leaving Varsi. Varsi has taught me a lot of things. I improved my craft in/through Varsi. I have met so many wonderful, sometimes even despicable, people in/through Varsi. Varsi has a lot to do with my growth not only as a journalist, but also as a student.

But after 8 issues, I can no longer say that I am still happy with my V stint. It has taken its tall on me. I do not feel happy with my relation with the E.B., I am getting tired with how things are going, I am already tired, there are other things that I can do with Varsi, and there other institutions outside from V can also provide me ample training on my way to becoming successful (haha). Leaving saddens me. But I know in my heart that it is already time to go.

After all, “he” already said that me getting the news editorship next year is impossible. That just gave me one more reason to leave.

And yeah, one of the things on my to-do-list once I leave Varsi is to get some effing serious love life. Hehe.

***
Ate Agnes is leaving us. She will leave on the 14th, go back to her province in Mindanao, and then be back to Manila some weeks later to work. This time she will be working on an establishment where she and her family can stay together.

She brought this lady in the house. That lady is supposed to replace her. But she is sick, and she complains a lot. She does not do her job systematically. Most importantly, I do not trust and like her.

Good thing, she is leaving. My lola already asked her to.

Personally, I’d love Ate Agnes to stay. She is already part of the family. My lola treats her like her own child. One of these days, I’ll try to convince her to not leave us.

Smile naman d'yan!! God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home