Sunday, May 07, 2006

holiday varsitarian style

I am back from a holiday!! It is Sunday and I will be off to work again tomorrow. I have to cover the CollAsia event tomorrow night for Circle and then do some legwork for News the rest of the week. Deadline’s on Friday. Hectic, noh?

Because of all those things I still have to do, I cannot help but wish that we were still on a holiday. Puro sarap at saya lang. Hehehe!! But then again, life is not a bed of roses, so is Varsi. You will really have to work your butt off to last.

Yun na nga, kagagaling lang namin sa outing mula Lunes hanggang Huwebes sa Caylabne Bay Resort sa Cavite. Hearing the resort’s name, one might think that it is one of those chipipay resorts in Cavite. But once one gets there, one will know the he is mistaken. Caylabne is fabulous. It has a beach, a marina, two swimming pools, a creek, different sports amenities, and dozens of air-conditioned cottages complete with kitchen, ref, telephone, bathroom and television. Ang problema lang dun sa lugar ay yung food. Di sila ganun kasarapan!! Hehehe!! Pero sino ba naman kami, para tumanggi sa libreng pagkain? Hehehe!!

It was nice being in Caylabne. I really got closer with the people I work with in Varsi. Todo bonding kami ngayon. Kasi unlike nung retreat sa Caleruega, mas fun yung mga activities namin ngayon. Mas nakapag-bond kami. Mas masarap din ang tulog dahil aircon na at mas malaki yung kwarto ngayon. Sobrang lawak din ng lugar kaya di mo pipilitin na maglibot sa ilalim ng init ng araw.

We did not just chill when we were in Caylabne. Caylabne was also the venue for the annual V-sports fest. All the staffers are divided among three tribes- Gothic, Bodoni and Itals.

*** Gothic vs Bodoni vs Itals ***

The V-sports fest has been running for a long time now. The battle among the three tribes has always been fierce. And it was fiercer this year.

I got drafted by Gothic. With all objectivity I can muster, I can say that Gothic is the winningest tribe among the three. Galing noh? Hehehe!! I was really happy when I got picked by Gothic.

The three tribes fought it out in different events: basketball, volleyball, swimming, badminton, billiards, cheering, pretty boy, bad girl, and Ms. Caylabne. After three days of intense competition, only one tribe emerged victorious. Hala!! Nagtaka pa kayo? Syempre Gothic!! At ito, Grandslam na kami after winning the general championship for three consecutive years. Bragging rights for one more year, what can I say? Hahahaha!!

*** Last Night, on being a slave and being helpless ***

Our last night in Caylabne was reserved for the outgoing’s rite where we pay tribute to all the outgoing staff members of V. It was a memorable night especially for the outgoing staffers who have been working together for a long time. It was a symbolic night, as the incoming and incumbent staffers honored the outgoing staffers. Masaya na sana ang lahat eh, nang bigla akong nakatanggap ng text galling sa kapatid ko. May problema pala sa Cavite. I felt really guilty and helpless because there I was in Caylabne enjoying while my mom and my siblings were trying to make ends meet in Cavite. I could not help but cry at that moment. Sobrang wrong timing pa dahil akala nung iba, ang dahilan ng pagkabalisa ko ay yung announcement ni Kuya Erick na sila na ni Ate Taz. Hello?! Hello ulit?! Hehehehe!! Di talaga yun yung dahilan sana maklaro na. Nakakahiya kasi eh hehehe!!

After airing my feelings to Ketch bakla, who was very kind and very accommodating, we went to the tent where the rest of the outgoing’s rite was to be held. There, all the outgoing staffers remembered all their memorable moments in their stay in V. Meanwhile, the incoming staffers functioned as servants. It was exhausting dahil di kami nakatulog nung hapon. Nagpractice kasi kami pra sa incoming staffers’ performance. Pero it was also touching at the same time as we got to witness the outgoing and incumbent staffers while they reminisce. Pinatulog kami nung mga superiors namin ng 3 am. Natapos sila mga 8 am na!! Grabe!!

Kinabukasan, uwiaan na!! Hayyyy I am going to miss Caylabne. I love(d) Caylabne. I cannot wait for the mid-year outing!! Hehe!!

Eto nga pala yung pictures:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
the whole news staff upon arrival at Caylabne


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
bodies beautiful. new and old friends taking a break from swimming.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gothic tribe pageant representatives. Stand-out tlga hehehe!!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
the fabulous epal chilling under the sun. kamusta nmn un? hehehe


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
the whole Varsi staff braving the heat of the sun just to pose for pictures.


Go find your princes while I play with frogs!! God bless us all!!

P.S. Woohoo!! Charitai’s also back in the Philippines. I am so happy!! But she told me that she is not going to stay for long. She will be leaving for the States this June. I cannot wait to see her again.

Watch out for a surprise!! Maganda ang surprise na ito!! Thanx in advance, rap!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home