Wednesday, November 09, 2005

In 5 days- time, I will be celebrating my 18th birthday. And let’s admit it; come

our birthdays, it is more fun to count all the gifts that we have received than the

years we have aged.

This year, I know that it will be great if I will receive a new phone, a jewelry

set, a new wallet, an iPod, a new hankie set, shopping spree, trip to Hong Kong, a

box of Leonidas chocolates, new pairs of Havaianas, cash. But I am sure I have a

slim chance of getting any of those. These are difficult times. So I am wishing for

some other things- things which money cannot buy. But those who will give me gifts

aforementioned will be very much appreciated!! Hehe!!

1. a new love- I know it is uncharacteristic of me to wish of a new love, but I am

not wishing for it. I am actually praying that one of these days, a new one would

sweep me off my feet. This time, I would not want to enter a relationship even if I

know that I really don’t love the guy. I want the next one to be special. And I want

it to last.

2. good grades- God has granted me this one last sem. I hope that with the help of

hard work and God willing, I will be able to achieve the same feat this sem and for

the rest of my college life.

3. peace of mind- I want to get some good sleep at night. I am tired of having to

worry about so many things while I lay down in my bed.

4. health and safety of my family- this is on top of my list when I pray. My dad

works abroad. I just want him to enjoy his job and not be burned out. I do not want

him to get into trouble. My mom lives in Cavite but she has been missing for more

than a month now. I just want her to realize how messed up her life is and try her

damndest to change for the better. She has 7 children. 5 of them are still very

young and are staying with her. Please, mommy, wherever you are, I just hope that

you’ll come back to your senses. Please. I am praying hard for this. I also pray for

my lolas’ and my lolo’s health. I also wish that my siblings will always be good

boys/girls and not be affected by all the things happening to us. I am also praying

for my health and safety. I also hope that all my loved ones- friends and other

relatives- be kept from harm.

5. lasting friendship- I love my friends. No matter how bitchy and how selfish I can

get sometimes, I love them and I hope that they realize this.

6. world peace and prosperity- I know that among my wishes, this is the most

difficult to achieve. It is so easy to wish for myself and the immediate people

around me, but I know that there are more people who experience more difficult times

than I do. I remember how hard I cried at the eve of my 17th birthday after watching

Kontrobersyal feature people who have no money to buy themselves and their families

food that they resort to eating things which they get from garbage cans. Some of

them even sell these things. I also wish that by the time I turn 19, terrorism has

already been eradicated. I also wish that social justice is already effective. Hey

dreams are free and dreams can come true!!

Go find your princes while I find my frog!! God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home