Thursday, December 23, 2004

Get Listed

With Christmas just around the corner, I might as well make my own wish list. I love gifts, especially if I know that they are expensive but I desire far more important things than what money can buy. I hope Santa gets to read this.

1. Health and Safety for me and my family and all my loved ones (friends included)
- I have been feeling chest pains lately; I hope that it’s just nothing. I only live with my lola and my younger brother while my dad works abroad and my mom stays in Cavite; that’s why every night I pray to God to keep us always safe and healthy. I want to spend more time with all of them.

2. Success in studies
- 2nd Sem is going to be tough especially now that there is one teacher furious at me. I hope that he does not take thing personally. I am a good student… with a disturbing behavior. Hehe!!

3. Less calories gained after the holidays are over
- It’s really tough to watch your diet during this season. There are just plenty of food we can splurge on.

4. I wish that typhoon victims and the poverty-stricken be able to start anew
- I can’t help but just feel for those people. I just wish that more fortunate people will extend their hands to help those who are in need instead of spending their money buying those non-sense things.

5. That the world be defined
- There are just so many things that we can’t understand nowadays. Had things been defined uniformly all over, it would have been a more peaceful world since there is less space for misunderstanding to occur. I also wish that people start listening more than talking.

6. People start looking at what is not obvious
- People nowadays have become shallower, more superficial. I am also guilty of this, I admit. But there are just so much that we tend to overlook if we base things on their external.

7. Stop politics; Public service is better
- I wish that government officials start doing their jobs, and stop putting a big deal out of the funerals they attend. Funerals are big now, they have become publicity stunts. They must understand that yes, those people who have died are their friends and are important people, but there are more people who are alive and are in need of their attention.

8. Christmas lights and decorations stop burning
- I wish that Christmas lights and trimmings are made more efficient and safer so that less damage are brought about.

9. Media become more an outlet for service than an industry
- I will be working in media soon; I just hope that by that time media is more trustworthy and that the situation now doesn’t get worse. I don’t feel good watching the news whenever I realize that they are more concerned with profit than service. I wish that they realize that they are given a big responsibility, and they can change so many things if they just want to.

10. That all my wishes come true
- I can only wish.

There you go, people. Those are some of the things included in my wish list. Ibahagi niyo naman ang inyo.

Post Scripts:
I got to read one of Jaypee's short entries this week- the one which was about Christmas. I totally agree with him, Christmas has been too commercialized. Thanx, jaypee! Nice entry!!

Last night, I have realized this: I need not rush things. I am 17, living in a world soooooo complicated. But I am glad because I have myself in my own universe.

I was blog hopping last night and I got to read Bianca Gonzales’ blog for the 2nd time. The girl rocks. She is very beautiful inside-out. I wish more people were like her. I also got to browse at Ala Paredes’ site which was also rocking. When I clicked one of Ala’s links, I got to read this:
Falling in love used to be a simple matter. It isn't anymore. People are being born too smart or too dumb or too wicked for it, or perhaps people have stopped being born and only shallow, brittle spurious cowards are walking the streets.
--Kerima Polotan, The Hand of The Enemy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home