Monday, December 20, 2004

Why I hate Milk

I don’t know if I am lactose-intolerant or what, but I really don’t like drinking milk. My parents told me that when I was still a baby, I would not settle for the ordinary milk but consume the one that is made with soy which was very pricey. Ganun na daw ako kaarte kahit na nung bata pa ako. They also told me that they had to use Neutrogena when bathing me. No ordinary soap, please.

What really annoys me is not the milk, but the milkman or the milkmaid. I am not talking about the ones you are thinking of right now. I am not talking about those who milk cows but those who milk on events- those who use different situations to their benefits. I was not able to watch Manny Pacquiao’s fight when it was aired live. I was tired after a day of shopping and strolling in Glorietta. I only got to watch it when it was replayed one Sunday morning when I was reviewing for CWG. Regine Velasquez sang the National Anthem to the amazement of the crowd. Dumgundong ang boses niya sa boong Taguig. She almost got me confused what the real Yanig sa Taguig is. I was also not surprised to see many political figures and rich businessmen in the fight. Gambling maybe. It also did not shock me that Manny won; I am not a fan, but the guy is impressive. What surprised me the most, er, annoyed is the next scene that followed. A photo op with Manny and Vice President Noli de Castro. It was a publicity stunt of big proportions- a boxing champion and the champion of the masses. I admit that I am a fan of Mr. de Castro but that was when he was still anchoring TV Patrol. But when he ran for a post in the Senate? Pshhhhh. Much pshhhh when he ran for Vice President. I did not even hear any achievement from him when he was still an “honorable” senator. And now, there are news conveying the message that Noli boy is planning to run for President in the next presidential elections. Heaven forbid.

FPJ is dead. It was a death used by people from the opposition, the administration, and the media to their advantage. Come on people. Now you see many people- including the enemies of the diseased- mourning and telling oh so many good things about the guy. I have so much respect for da king, but the thing is, he had little for himself. He let those selfish people convince him to go politico. It is a death larger than life. No matter how the opposition denies it, it is very obvious that they are benefiting from the death of their “leader”. Now it is foreseen as a comeback for Erap or even the entrance of Susan to politics. The administration uses the demise for redemption if they really had cheated last May elections. And the media? Need I say more? I think there is no need for elaboration. One more thing, they say that FPJ is such a great loss in showbiz. What is there to lose in an industry such as ours?

Sana ngayong pasko, mabawasan na ang gatasan sa pulitika, sa showbiz, sa trabaho. Let’s leave the milk to the children who are left hungry by all these non-sense milking.

Laugh trip: I got to see a friends’ friends’ friend’ profile in friendster. In the “about me” section, she made an acrostic with her name to describe herself. These are the funniest:
O is for organic
E is for enjoyable
And the last E is for Exhausting
Bwahahaha!!
Kakaloka!!

Fabulously made over is my blog by Aika!! salamat, yayaclez!!

Folks, thanx for being one with the fab epal. I am fab epal and I am proud of it! God Bless us all!! ☻☻☻

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home