Wednesday, October 26, 2005

the fabulous and the not so

Fabulous epal- a civil rights fighter.

Annoying epal- a no-talent “star”

Today is clearance and enrollment day. I got only 3 hours of sleep maybe due to excitement to see my classmates whom I have missed badly in the two weeks that we have not seen each other. I do not know if the feeling is mutual.

***Clearing the Smoke***

I admit I was nervous going to school to get my clearance especially after Hershey called me last week to tell me that many got low, if not flunking grades in NS. Fortunately, I passed all my subjects this sem. But when I got inside the room, there were already many faces that I can’t paint. It is so sad to see my classmates this way. One of the problems, and I have already written about it here last summer is that AB has no consultation day for students and teachers to meet after the finals to discuss how their grades are computed. You just get surprised that you freakin’ failed the class of your freakin’ professor.

***Aaron, I will miss you***

The saddest part of it all is that many of my classmates will no longer be there next sem. Charity is going to Canada and the States for the whole of next semester. But seeing more names highlighted in that 2jrn1 sheet was upsetting. Most especially seeing Aaron’s.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
you will be missed, Aaron.


I definitely did not expect what happened to Aaron. I know that there is always a possibility that he’ll get low grades for his multiple absences, but what happened to him is just too much. That guy is special. He was one of the first guys I clicked with during the first days of classes. He is always full of life, jolly and noisy. I will miss him and all his hirits. Andyan sya palagi para makipagkulitan at makipagharutan sa akin. Di sya mabilis mapikon. Nakakausap ko siya tungkol sa sports. Heck, he is the most sports-inclined in the class, I must admit. I was touched by his story about his mother when she knew of what happened. Aaron, I will miss you; You will be missed by the whole class!!
Good luck!!

***Enrollment***

Enrollment is always a tedious process to go through. Just imagine the long line you have to endure in order to get to the Seminary gym. Tapos bigla mong malalalaman na ang lumalabas lang sa computer ay dalawang subjects. Tapos biglang malalaman ng classmates mo na kulang yung pang-down payment nila.

My legs were painful after the enrollment. But at least I got my workout today.

After the enrollment, Jewel, Clang and I went to the church to say our thanks. I thanked the Lord for helping me pass all my subjects this sem. I thanked Him because nothing happened to me today. I thanked Him for guiding me all throughout the sem.
I also prayed for my classmates who will no longer be there next sem. Heck, I even prayed for the most annoying epal in the class.

Thank you, Lord for granting me one more of my wishes!!

***Fabulous Epal of the Month***

Rosa Parks is dead. She was 92.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
rosa parks will forever remain one of my idols and a certified fabulous epal


Rosa Parks’s story is one of the mot memorable for me. She is a black American woman from Michigan who inspired other African- American citizens to fight for their rights in the US where they were/are considered as a minority. She did this by refusing to give up her seat in a bus to a white American guy.

She got arrested after what had happened. African- Americans boycotted the bus for a year until Parks was freed.

In her old age, Parks continued to works as a seamstress. There was news that came out last year that Rosa Parks had problems paying her rent.

Rosa Parks will forever be one of my idols. She fought for her right even though she was/is considered a minority. Representative John Lewis of Georgia told CNN: “By sitting down, she was really standing up for all Americans.”

With reports from AP


***Annoying Epal of the Month***

Luis Manzano used to be on of the yummiest bachelors in the country. That is, until he joined show business.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Luis Manzano- yummy hunk before, annoying epal now


He is one pretty boy, but just like many young “stars” today, his looks is his ticket to fame.

I just get irritated every time I see him on TV. He cannot act. Puhleeezze. He is like a talking corpse in Kampanerang Kuba. Casting him as Pablo is just one of the stupidest calls made by the show.

He is also not impressive as a comedian. His punch lines are not even funny. He just irks me in Bora.

Lucky? Yes!! He makes you want to ask, “Had he not been some actor’s and actress’ son, would he be in showbiz?”

Yucky? Most definitely!! I have got no love for this guy ‘til the day I no longer see him in my TV set.

Go find your princes while I find my prince. God bless us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home