Saturday, October 01, 2005

kabogs!!

Kabog- O san ka pa? When Ivan gets what he did not expect.

It has been a long while since I wrote something about a “real-life” experience. Things that happened today are all blog-worthy. I can’t pass them up.

This day was longer than I expected. I had everything planned out the day before: go to school, prepare yourself for a quiz in natsci and philo, go home immediately, take a nap, fix youself to go to Aika’s place, watch Survivor, go to Aika’s, go to Kabog, go home at 8 PM.

But life, and its own magic wand sure made some kinks for the ironing today.

***Almost- good thing it was not quite***

I was already late for my first class which is Journ. It was obvious because I left the house past 7. I rode the pedicab, my mind was flying with all the things I reviewed late last night and then BAM!! The pedicab I was riding collided with a taxi. Mejo napatalsik ako sa driver’s seat, kung yun talaga yung tawag dun. Sumakit yung braso ko. Good thing, nothing really disastrous took place. Thank God. The trooper that I am, I just made fun of it whenever someone would make fun of it, but I tell you, that was really shocking. Di nakakatuwa.

It turned out that there were no quizzes today. Psssshhh!! JP just got someone seriously irked. I refuse to elaborate.

I went home right away to get some sleep because we were supposed to do our Computer project over at Aika’s place before going back to school to watch kABog. After watching Survivor and fixing myself, I went straight to Aika’s only to find out that our project-making was postponed.

No one from the original number of people who went to Aika’s place actually went to watch kABog except Aika and Hershey who thought of some delaying tactics. Kabog diba?

***Kuyas Galore- we are SUCKERS for SOCCER and SOCCER PLAYERS***

And since Aika and I were back to school early (the competition was to start at 4), I decided to take pictures of the football field. I seriously hoped that a game would take place. Luck was on my side that time. A football match was to be played. UST against UE.

Aika and I found this kuya. But I found him first!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(take your picks!! But kuya 5 is mine!! No sharing!!)


While watching the game, Paolo, Jene and JP were making a banner for Chartz!! Good job guys!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(the banana girl smells like section pride- Go Chartz!!)


We did not get to finish the game but the first goal was very lopsided in favor of Santo Tomas. I hope kuya 5 did not get hurt. He was limping when we left. Kabog diba?

***Off to the Venue- the tale of the Jabars***

When we got to the Medicine Auditorium, no green light to enter was given yet. So we were there, inhaling formalin, getting wet in a sea, err river, err canal of crowd.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(Hershey and Aika- Hot Mommas!!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(Xam- wala sa mood magpapicture)


Kabog diba?

***kABog kayo!! We have our own Goddess of Alternative Music***

We cheered our lungs out whenever Chartz get shown. We cheered even harder when Chartz performed. Big thanks to the classmates of Jan from 2jrn2 for making those pompoms of sorts!! And also the banners!! Thanks guys for helping us support Chartz and Jan.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(Chartz with the wannabe’s)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(Chartz perfoming!! Chic and Touching!!)


In my opinion, Chartz gave the sincerest performance of all the finalists. Her getup was the most chic. Hershey even admitted that she had goosebumps while watching Chartz. I felt the same energy. I was touched by Chartz’s performance especially because I know that she is leaving next sem.

In the end, Chartz was not successful getting into the top 3. Some Sarah Geronimo wannabe got 1st place honors, followed by some cusie “kuya nga ba”, and then a journ student/ singer/ Salinggawi Dance Troupe member.

Chartz may have not managed to get to the top 3, but for us, for many people, she IS a winner- BIG TIME!! Kabog diba?

***Battle of the Bands***

Two bands performed tonight- Join the Club and Sugarfree. They totally rocked.

Hershey, Aika, and I flirted from afar with this kuya/ rock star

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(join the club guitarist or bassist (I don’t know)- Hershey, Aika and I will join the club at any given time if he is the moderator!!)


A rock concert is always the bet workout for me- just imagine all the calories I shred off by jumping, dancing, and screaming. Kabog diba?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(the tired but fabulous epal with the tarp)


***Rock Star sa CR***

Just how often do you get to be inside a CR a rock star is using to change his clothes? Well that’s rare.

Luck again was on my side because after the concert, I felt the urge to unload some fluid off my body. I went to the CR and guess who was there. No other than Sugarfree’s vocalist, Ebe . I instantly screamed, Pa-autograph po!! Haha!! Aika asked if we can take pictures with him and he allowed us to. We joined him inside the room where all the guests were staying, and there we were, flashing our not so pearly-whites with that guy!! When it was my turn to get my picture taken with the guy, I asked the ever-dependable Hershey to take our picture using my handycam. I thought everything was fine until I checked the photo album in my handycam and charan- banana girl did not get the picture taken successfully.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(Hershey and Aika got their pictures taken!! Unfair!! Unfair!!)


Oh well at least, that CR’s forever gonna hold the memory that I was once there with a rock star. Kabog diba?

***Sinong Nanay Mo?***

Happy birthday to my mom!! She is now 38. My prayers go out to her. I don’t know where she is right now. I am worried. I am disappointed. I am pissed. I still love her!! Kabog diba?

Go find your princes while I find my frog!! God bless us all!!


PS: thanx to rap for providing some music to this fairy tale of a blog/ blog of a fairy tale. mr brightside was the same midi file that i used in my powerpoint presentation. it got the whole class rocking!! fancy!!

for more kabog photos click superstar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home