Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Sayang- when you wake up late for a game and then watch UST lose to FEU.

Too bad. UST lost to FEU today in the Men’s Volleyball Championship. FEU won the series 2-0. I know UT could have done better. Maybe the cameras got the best of them. Well that was what Charity told me after game 1. The boys apparently want to be tv stars. No doubt, UST has got some cute players. Chartz would not contest if I’ll say that her Ting is one of them.

It’s about time that Studio 23 air other UAAP sports aside from basketball.

Speaking of basketball, tomorrow’s Game 2 of the Men’s Basketball finals. I seriously hope FEU takes the trophy tomorrow. Be sure to watch it because after what had happened last week, we just don’t have any idea what’s in store for us tomorrow.

Before the Final 4 series began, I had already made predictions on who will take what come the awarding ceremonies tomorrow. Now that I have seen the Final 4 series and we’re on the brink of knowing who will take the Championships, it’s about time I make some revisions.

Who I thought would snag what before:

Champion: FEU
MVP: Arwind Santos. His decision to stay and not turn pro this year is enough to make him MVP.
Coach of the Year: Dindo Pumaren
Mythical 5: Arwind Santos, JC Intal, Mark Isip, Bonbon Custodio, Edwin Asoro
Rookie of the Year: could be: Axel Doruelo, Mark Borboran, Elmer Espiritu, Jonas Villanueva, Dylan Ababou
Most Improved Player: Doug Kramer/


Who I think would win what tomorrow:

Champion: FEU still

MVP: Arwind Santos, he earned it. Ask DLSU’s former asst. team manager, even he would agree!!

Coach of the Year: Last year, the UAAP board gave it to the coach of the winning team on the last minute. This time I think the rule would still hold up so I guess it will be awarded to Bert Flores.

Mythical 5: Arwind Santos is a shoo-in. Joseph Yeo will get in because he’s from DLSU and he’s the ninja. LA Tenorio did not really step up but it’s his last year of playing so he’ll get in. JC Intal might get in. I am not sure anymore of Edwin Asoro’s chances. He is one of the most efficient players in the league but they just lost too many games. Sob.
Rookie of the Year: Bonbon Custodio. I did not know that he is a rookie that’s why he was not in my list of possible contenders for this award. Now that I know, he is my hands-down choice.

Most Improved Player: Doug Kramer although his teammate Japeth Aguilar could give him a run for his money.

Most Defensive Player: Japeth may have this in the bag. He averaged 3 blocks per game.

Worst Unsportsmanlike behavior: Hands-down!! It will go to former DLSU asst. team manager Salgago, este Salgado pala!!

I am busy today. I’ll be busy in the coming days!!

Go find your princes while I find my frog!! God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home