Monday, October 17, 2005

cheating's bad

Ageless- my lola.

Last Saturday, my lola celebrated her 70th birthday. It is no secret how much I adore and love my lola. She was already there with me the moment I was born. I grew up with her. She has been a father, a mother and a lola to me. I can still remember how she would give me toys and things when I was younger. Undoubtedly, I was the most spoiled among all her apos. Maybe because I am the prettiest!! Haha!!

We may not be well-off but lola has always made sure that we live comfortably. In fact, she still works up to now. But of course all work and no play makes lola an aging woman. She is fond of ballroom dancing. Ballroom dancing was even the theme of her birthday bash. Most of her guests are her ballroom buddies and dance instructors. Good thing, there were kuyas who attended or else I would have fled the scene right after I see the guests start to dance their chachacha or rumba or waltz or the Macarena. Kidding!!

My lola is a hip lola. Even her guests- a total of 200- could not believe she was already 70. Well I know that she is not 70- she is only 68. But what was written in her birth certificate makes her, technically, 70. Being 68 does not change a thing about my lola. She is more stylish, more fabulous, more beautiful than most of her contemporaries- and she can’t even afford botox or face lift or any other tricks.

What sets lola different from most woman her age is the fact that- hold you’re breath- she has not yet undergone menopause!! Yes, she still gets her visit once a month!! Beat that!!

Happy birthday, lola!! I wish you all the best life has to offer- good health, longer life and genuine happiness.

*** Padaan***

Speaking of birthdays, er birthday, I will be turning 18 in exactly 4 weeks from now!! I wonder how 18 would feel like!! Regalo ko ah!! O ayan may isang bwan pa kayo para mag-ipon!!

***Pinoy Big Brother got us there***

Surprise, surprise!! This week, there are five housemates who are up against eviction- Franzen, Jayson, Cass, Sam, and Chx. Franzen was nominated by Big Brother after the former got to the latter’s nerves. Jayson, Cass and Sam were nominated by the housemates. Chx found out later that she was also nominated by no other than Big Brother. It turned out that Chx had been asking Jenny- fresh from the outside world- tons of questions about what was and has been happening outside BB’s house. Big Brother explained that she clearly violated the house rules which state that the current housemates shall not be allowed to ask questions about the outside world from the new housemate.

Toni tried to explain why Chx was included in the nomination when they already knew that she was already nominated by BB but sorry, Toni failed. She said that Chx had committed the offense at dawn and they still had to consult Endemol what they had to do with the situation. But the nomination was to be done in the afternoon. Had they announced that Chx was already nominated, then she would have not received votes anymore. The housemate/s who voted for her could have voted somebody else preventing the three-way tie among Cass, Jayson and Sam.

Franzen getting nominated just because he would not want to wake up as BB ordered them to was over the top and purely marketing strategy. The heads of the show know that Franzen can rake in hundreds of thousands of votes- as proven by his 1st nomination- that is why they nominated him immediately. BB could have just given Franzen a punishment just like what he had done in the past.

I am a big fan of Pinoy Big Brother but this is cheating!! Oh well, 5 people in the chopping block surely means more votes. Just vote for Franzen, Jayson, and Papa Sam. I don’t care about the two girls!!

***The Continuin DLSU Scandal***

I read in the papers today that there are rumors circulating that DLSU could have fielded in not just one, but 3 ineligible players in their roster for the past 10 years. What are the implications if this were true? Abangan natin ang susunod na kabanata!!

Go find your princes while I find my frog!! God bless us all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home